Your privacy is important to us
Information we may collect
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name and email address, when you (or other users) provide it to us when using our website or in some other manner, from our business partners, or from other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our website:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Information others may collect
We may allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements on our websites.
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers used to view or interact with their advertisements.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, networkadvertising.org, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our website, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
How we may use information that we collect
We may use information to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize the content that you see on our website;
- Facilitate use of our website;
- Analyze use of and improve our website, products and services;
With whom we may share information we collect
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Our Race Directors and others who are involved in producing our events;
- Scena owned or affiliated businesses, in order to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you;
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our website or offline; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
We may share aggregated, non-personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and others.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our website;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly;
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is email@example.com.
How to contact us