5/14/2021 WAITLIST! We have been in waitlist mode for a few weeks now. Sorry I didn’t update the blog! For those of you waiting, it is likely that we won’t be adding athletes until after June 16, when the current State lockdown directive expires. Until then, the East Bay Regional Parks aren’t given guidance on our field size. Sorry! We will update the blog as we get more information.
4/15/2021 Things seem to be getting clearer on the Covid-19 front, enough so that we are growing our field size. I’ve expanded the 50k to be 150 athletes. Since the half marathon starts at a different time, I’m putting a preliminary cap at 50 though that will likely grow too.
3/9/2021 I almost forgot this blog post was here. We can start using it to update the 2021 race. Registration has been open for a few months with a limit of 100 athletes. This last weekend we hit that cap and right now everyone goes to the waitlist. My hope is that we will be able to have a race that will be quite a bit bigger than 100 athletes, with wave starts and the like.
More importantly, the trails are great! I’ve been out the last few weeks running sections of the course. I can’t wait for Summer and for us all to be out there together.
6/22/2020 Alameda County has been gradually opening its shelter in place order but it’s not at the point where we can ensure Skyline 50k or complete our USATF sanctioning. For this reason, we’ve decided to move Skyline 50k to run on the same day as Dick Collins Firetrails, on September 26. This special SKYFIRE edition of the two races should be fun and exciting. Watch this space in the coming days as I give you more updates about the course and timing.