Click and print the maps below. For a Strava version, check out David Tran’s race in 2019!
Click on Map to see (and print!) bigger version. Blue is outbound. Red is returning. Print in landscape for better legibility. Map 1 covers the first and last 25% of the race.
Outbound: Start to Big Bear. The race leaves Lake Chabot Marina on East Shore Trail.
- Bear hard right at the end of the East Shore pavement, up Cameron Loop and then left onto Ten Hills.
- Bear left onto Proctor Trail which descends to Redwood Road.
- Bear left and run on trail towards the entrance to the Golf Course. Runners proceed along the right-hand fence at the entrance to the Golf Course on trail to the entrance of Brandon Trail at the back of the lot.
- Proceed on Brandon up hill, crossing the road at Marciel Road entrance.
There will be aid and a bathroom at the intersection with Marciel Road.
Continue on Brandon Trail.
- At the Stone Bridge, stay right on Brandon Trail.
- Continue through the lower parking lot, bearing right, onto the pavement and up the hill to the upper parking lot.
There will be Aid is at Bort Meadow parking lot. For VIRTUAL RUNNERS there is a bathroom in Bort Meadow, down the hill
Leave Bort Aid and proceed up MacDonald Trail, then down MacDonald Grade.
There will be aid in the MacDonald Staging Area Parking Lot.
Leave MacDonald Aid at the back of the lot.
- Proceed out through Big Bear.
- Cross Redwood Road onto Golden Spike. Bear hard right at the intersection with Golden Spike at the top of a short hill. (Middle section of the race is shown on Map 2.)
- Proceed onto West Ridge by taking a soft left up West Ridge Spur.
- Bear Right on West Ridge.
- West Ridge merges with Bridle Trail, soft left.
- Proceed up Bridle Trail, and soft right onto Stream Trail
- Proceed up Stream Trail to Skyline Gate.
Click on Map to see (and print!) bigger version. Blue is outbound. Red is returning. Print in landscape for better legibility. Map 2 covers the middle 50% of the race.
There will be Aid at Skyline Gate.
- Runners leave Skyline Gate Aid on West Ridge.
- Proceed on West Ridge and bear hard left into French Trail.
- Bear hard left at the intersection with Starflower Trail
- At the bottom of the hill bear hard right to proceed up the hill and merge back with the French Trail.
- Stay left at the intersection with Madrone.
- Proceed on French Trail until the trail ends at West Ridge Trail.
- Runners bear left at West Ridge,
- Turn right on Toyon Trail. The trailhead is to the right before the steep descent.
- Turn left at the intersection with Golden Spike.
- Bear hard right to return across Redwood Road through Big Bear to MacDonald Aid.
There will be Aid at MacDonald Staging.
Runners proceed over MacDonal Grade to Bort Meadow Aid. For reference, look at Map 1 for the last part of the race.
There will be Aid at Bort Meadow.
- Runners run throught the Bort Meadow parking lot, bearing hard right on the service right.
- At the bottom of the hill bear left through the lower parking lot.
- Stay left onto Brandon Trail.
- Bear right at Stone Bridge up Jackson Grade to Clyde Wooldridge Aid Station.
There will be Aid at Clyde Woolridge.
- Leave Clyde Wooldridge on Golden Rod
- Proceed to West Shore Trail via Bass Cove Trail.
- Bear left on West Shore Trail.
- Proceed on the paved road to Lake Chabot Marina.